Mental Health

The Wellbeing Hub

The Wellbeing Hub combines IAPT and Gateway services to support patients with common mental health problems in the community and acts as a resource for GPs and other community services. It is also a single point of access into secondary care mental health services.

Using a stepped care approach, the team provide assessment and treatment which can include guided self-help, group work, individual therapy and signposting.  The team will also refer on to other appropriate services as required. This includes secondary care/specialist mental health services, community services and third sector services.


Self help guides as promoted by Gateway Services

On abuse, alcohol and you, anxiety, bereavement, controlling anger, depression and low mood, domestic violence, eating disorders, food for thought, health anxiety, hearing voices, OCD, panic, PTS, postnatal depression, self harm, shyness and social anxiety, sleeping problems, stress


Find local mental health support in your area

Military Veterans

Improving psychological wellbeing, increasing social networks and supporting long term recovery of veterans.

Cheshire East Mental Health Floating Support

Carers Needs Assessment Service Cheshire East-part of Making Space

Supports carers of people with a mental illness

Provide one-to-one support,

identify services you and the cared for might need,

how to access “direct payments”,

taking a break from caring,

what to do in an emergency and

signposting to

career development

career involvement

career break

befriending schemes

respite breaks

local support groups

What type of Support is available?

Floating support services can work with people wherever they are in Cheshire East; whether living in a private rented home, social housing or a home they own. Services can also work with people who are homeless so long as they can be contacted either directly or via a friend / relative.

Supported Housing is for people who need somewhere to live either because they are homeless or need some support to manage in the short term. Support staff are on hand to provide advice and support with straightforward life skills. If more help is needed they can provide help to access other services. Support staff will help you to learn how to live independently and support you to move on into your own housing. 

The support offered includes:

  • Setting up and keeping a home and/or tenancy
  • Managing finances, debt advice and applying for benefits
  • Gaining access to other services
  • Establishing social contacts and activities
  • Supervising and monitoring of health, wellbeing and medication

You can self refer via online application form on this website. If you have a support worker worker, Probation Officer, housing officer etc it is advisable that they complete the referral with you.

It is important to include a contact phone number so they contact you to discuss the applications.