Heartburn and indigestion can be managed safely and effectively at home. Ask the Pharmacy first for advice.
If you have recurring indigestion we need to see you.
We also need to see you if you are:
- 55 years or over
- you have lost a lot of weight without meaning to
- you have difficulty swallowing-food sticking
- you have persistent vomiting
- you have iron deficiency anaemia
- you have a lump in your stomach
- you have blood in your vomit or blood in your poo (or the poo is tarry black)
The Nurse Practitioner has a protocol for indigestion so she can safely see you for this condition.