Blog Archive


When do I need a fit note?

Find information on when you require a fit note at


Cheshire East’s Digital Apps Library

Cheshire East’s own health and care apps library. We’ve reviewed thousands of apps, so you can find the best.

Cheshire East’s Digital Apps Library


Crisis Cafe

Are you experiencing acute emotional distress associated with a mental health problem? There is a Crisis Cafe in Crewe to offer emotional support and practical guidance.

Click on the link below to find out more.

Crisis Cafe Information


How do I register for on-line access

Millcroft offers an on-line service to their patients.  You can order your prescriptions, make appointments, view your medical record and more:

  • The NHS has a new ‘app’ called the ‘NHS App’.  This is an on-line service that allows you to access services on your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to make appointments, order repeat prescriptions and more.

Click here to visit the NHS App website to find out more and register.

Completing a practice On-line Services Registration Form – To access this service we ask you to complete the Registration Form and bring it into the practice with some form of photo ID.  After verifying, you will be given log in details for the on-line service.  We also provide proxy access, please ask at reception.    


How do I update my personal information?

Please ensure that the practice is kept informed of any change in address or telephone number as soon as possible. If you are expecting an appointment at the hospital, please make sure that you let the hospital know of your new contact details too.

Click here to print off a Change of Address Form. Complete a separate form for anyone over 16 years of age who is also changing their address.

We send out appointment reminders to our patients so please make sure your mobile number is up to date on our records and let us know if you change your number.

Click here to complete and submit a Change of Telephone Number Form

When emergencies happen, we may need to cancel your appointment at short notice.  If we have your correct mobile number on our records, we can contact you quickly to let you know this, and save you a wasted journey to the practice.

Please be aware that, if you move to an address outside our practice area, you will be asked to register with a practice closer to your home. If you are in doubt, ask about this before you move.


Are you open on Bank Holidays?

No, we are closed on Bank Holidays. However, if you need medical advice or attention during this time you can:

Visit your pharmacy – Your local pharmacy can provide confidential, expert advice and treatment for a range of common illnesses and complaint. Visit NHS Choices to find a pharmacy open near you.

Call NHS 111 – If you need urgent medical advice but your condition is not life threatening. NHS 111 Is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.

A&E or 999 – for a genuine medical emergency including; loss of consciousness, acute confused state and fits that are not stopping, persistent and/or severe chest pain, breathing difficulties, severe bleeding that cannot be stopped.


Do you close at lunchtimes?

No our reception is open over lunchtime.


What is CQC?

The CQC (Care Quality Commission) is the organisation making sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve.

Before a care provider can carry out any of the activities that regulated by the CQC, they must register and satisfy them that they will be able to meet a number of legal requirements. Activities regulated includes the treatment, care and support provided by hospitals, GP practices, dental practices, ambulance services, care homes and home-care agencies.

For more information about the CQC, you can visit their website.