Conjunctivitis is also known as red or pink eye.
It usually affects both eyes and makes them:
- burn or feel gritty
- produce pus that
- sticks to lashes
There are things you can do at home to help ease the symptoms of Conjunctivitis.
Use clean cotton wool (one piece for each eye). Boil water and then let it cool down before you:
- clean off crusts on your lashes by rubbing them gently
- make a cold compress to press on your eyes for a few minutes to cool them down
- wash hands regularly with warm soapy water
- wash pillows and face cloths in hot water and detergent
- wear contact lenses until your eyes are better
- share towels and pillows
- rub your eyes